One of my favorite Trader Joe’s products is the Misto alla Griglia “mixed grill” eggplant and zucchini. As I shared in a previous blog post, I love to use Misto alla Griglia to make a veggie and balsamic glaze naan pizza. Today, i’m sharing my recipe for the ultimate veggie sandwich, which will become one of your favorite weekday lunch or dinner go-to recipes. I also included a recipe for mini veggie bites.
Ultimate Veggie Sandwich – Makes 1
2 slices of bread (I like using ezekiel bread)
1/4 cup of Trader Joe’s Miso alla Griglia
2 Tablespoons of sautéed kale
1 tablespoon of shredded mozzarella cheese or sliced lite cheddar broken into bite sized pieces
- Microwave Misto alla Griglia and sauteed kale for 45 seconds.
- Put cheese onto one slice of bread and veggie mixture onto other piece of bread and toast until cheese is melted.
- Put both slices of bread together and slice in half.
- Enjoy warm!
Tip: I like to serve with potato chips for lunch or sweet potato fries for dinner.
Ultimate Veggie Bite – 2 Mini Bites
1 slice of bread (I like using ezekiel bread)
1 tablespoon of Trader Joe’s Miso alla Griglia, cut into bite sized pieces.
1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella
1 teaspoon of balsamic glaze
- Toast piece of bread.
- Put toasted bread into mini muffin tin cavities to form cup shape. I didn’t have to bake, but if bread is not forming into cup shape bake in mini muffin pan at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Microwave Misto alla Griglia and sautéed kale for 15-25 seconds or until heated through.
- Add veggie mixture to bread cup and top with cheese.
- Toast cup in toaster oven or in oven at 350 degrees for 4-6 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with balsamic glaze and enjoy warm!