Whole wheat waffles with almond butter and strawberries is one of my favorite weekday breakfasts so I decided to turn my typical breakfast into a mini bite.
Almond Butter & Strawberry Waffle Bites – 1 mini bite
1 regular sized multigrain waffle
1/2 tablespoon of almond butter
1 strawberry cut into bite sized pieces
- Toast waffle in toaster. If you don’t have a toaster you can preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- If using toaster toast until heated through and crispy. If using oven bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Use 1″ round cookie cutter to cut hot waffle into a 1″ circle.
- Once waffle is cool enough to touch press 1” round waffle into mini muffin tin to form cup shape. I didn’t have to bake, but if waffle is not cooperating preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake in mini muffin tin for 6-8 minutes.
- Add almond butter and strawberries to waffle cup.
- Enjoy hot!