Today I’m celebrating the start of summer and national rosé day with some boozy cupcake bites! I also discovered this is Negroni Week, which is a great way to support your favorite local restaurant and bars and at the same time contribute to some very worthwhile charities so I included some Negroni mini cupcakes as well.
- Raspberry Rosé Cupcakes – 24 cupcakes (Inspired by: Go Bold With Butter)
1 Box White Cake Mix + ingredients listed on box
1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon of rosé
optional – red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Follow directions on cake mix to make cake batter, substitute a 1/4 cup of the amount of water called for with rosé and add food coloring, if desired.
- fill mini cupcake cavities with cake batter, a little over 1/2 way full.
- Bake cake bites for 15 -18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Combine frosting, 1 tablespoon of rosé and food coloring, if using.
- Once cupcakes are cooled remove from mini cupcake tin, add frosting and a raspberry to each cake bite.
- Enjoy along with a nice glass of rosé!
2. Negroni Cupcakes – Baking Bites
- To simplify recipe you can use white cake mix like I did for my Raspberry Rosé Cupcakes (above) and substitute 1/4 of cup of water called for with 1 ounce of Campari and 1 ounce of sweet vermouth.
- You can also simplify the gin frosting recipe by using pre-made frosting and adding 1 ounce of gin to the frosting.