Photo Courtesy of: Kaartje2g0
Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a wonderful new year’s eve surrounded by family and friends. I thought I would kick off the new year with some basic recipes that I think should be a part of everyone’s cooking arsenal.
- Lemon & Olive Oil Baked Chicken Tenders
¼ cup of olive oil
1 package of chicken tenders
- Set oven to 425
- Squeeze lemon and put juice of lemon and olive oil in a ziplock bag, add chicken tenders and marinate for 12-15 minutes
- Spread marinated chicken onto baking dish with tin foil that is greased with olive oil
- Bake chicken for 15 -20 minutes until each piece is fully cooked.
- I let chicken cool and then put a few pieces in a bag in the refrigerator, I base upon what I’m planning to make in the next 2-3 days then I put the rest of the cooked chicken I don’t plan to use in the freezer.
2. Sautéed spinach/kale
1 bag of spinach or kale
2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 Clove of minced garlic or 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1.Heat tablespoon of oil oil and fresh garlic, if using in large pot
2. Add spinach or kale and cook until green & wilted
3. Add tablespoon of garlic powder
4. Serve warm
All of these recipes are extremely versatile and will be featured prominently in the recipes I will be sharing on the blog in the upcoming weeks/months. Stay tuned for future updates!