I love Indian food, delicious and flavorful sauces and naan, what could be better! Today I’m sharing some Indian inspired meals & bites.
Thai Shrimp Soup – 4 Servings, 1/2 cup per serving
Inspired by: Damn Delicious
1/2 Cup of cooked brown rice
1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter
1/2 lb of medium shrimp
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/3 Cup of Trader Joe’s roasted bell peppers
1/2 Tablespoon of grated ginger
4 Tablespoons of Trader Joe’s Red Curry Sauce
2 Cups of Vegetable Stock
2 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
1 Tablespoons of cilantro
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic, onion and bell pepper to the stockpot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in red curry sauce, vegetable stock, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in rice, shrimp, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Thai Shrimp Naan Cups – 3 Naan Cups
1 piece of Trader Joe’s Naan
1 Tablespoon of Thai Shrimp Soup, see recipe above
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Bake Naan for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes according to package directions
- Use 1″ round cookie cutter to cut naan into a 1″ circle
- Press 1″ naan circle into mini muffin tin cup
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees
- Put thai shrimp soup in naan cup
- Bake naan shrimp cups for 8 -10 minutes
- Serve warm
Red Curry Tilapia Recipe Bowl – 1 Serving
I followed the directions for the sauce, added roasted sweet potatoes, chickpeas and chicken tenders. I let everything sit in container in refrigerator overnight and heated up for dinner next day. I froze leftover sauce & veggies.