Back in my Super Bowl Bites blog post I made Chili in Cornbread cups. Chili is one of my favorite winter staples. It’s warm and filling and what I especially love about chili is that is freezes well, which makes chili a great meal to make ahead and then defrost later on. In this blog post included some different ways to use the leftover chili. It’s always nice to change up how you use leftovers so it feels like you are having a whole new meal rather than just the same meal over and over. Make sure to stay tuned for future blog posts since I will be sharing some of my other favorite leftover tips and tricks.
As I mentioned in the chili in cornbread cups recipe I I like to make the Chipotle Turkey Chili recipe from Cooking with Trader Joe’s, which is the base for the recipes listed below.
Chili Naan Pizza – 1 Serving
1 Piece of Trader Joe’s Naan
1/4 Cup of Chipotle Turkey Chili
2 Tablespoons of black beans
2 Tablespoons of Refried Beans
2 Tablespoon of Mexican Cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put Naan on baking sheet and add remaining ingredients
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted
- Take out of oven and serve warm
Chili Lettuce Wraps – Makes 1 serving (4 lettuce wraps)
1/2 Cup of Chipotle Turkey Chili
4 romaine lettuce hearts
3 Tablespoons of lite sour cream
1 Tablespoon of Mexican cheese blend
- Microwave chili for one minute or until heated through
- Put heated chili in romaine lettuce hearts
- Add remaining ingredients on top of chili (sour cream & Mexican cheese blend)
- Serve warm & enjoy!